Wednesday, November 16, 2011

She Took a Pleasant Walk on the Beach

For today's 100 Proof Press Design Team project, it's all about the beach. You know that  the sea this is one of my favorite themes, so I thought I'd visit it again.

The start of this card was the wonderful 100 Proof Press, Lady with Umbrella and Hat stamp  #6371. I do adore her little umbrella. It was stamped on patterned shell paper then colored it with pencils. The cut out pictures of shells, die cuts, assorted real sea shells, star fish and plastic dew drops came next to frame the image. I just discovered Dew Drops in a local Scrapbook store clearance bin and I love them. They come in all kinds of colors, clear, pearlized and metallic too. Don't know where I've been since they came out. LOL. This detailed page was then layered on the pale blue picnic plaid background that was ink kissed with pink ink. Some light blue netting, a forever friend tag finished up this card.

Hope you will get to take a pleasant walk this week.
sincerely, gerri

"A Walk on the Beach"

"Beachy Details"

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful Gerri. Really I walk with her on the beach and smell the see and the shells, Lovely and fabulous with the beautiful details on it. Also the dew drops. Gorgeous.
    Lovely greet and a nice day
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty piece! When I first saw the title on my blog, I read, *She took a pheasant for a walk on the beach*....then I looked again! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just amazing! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerri this is so full of sunshine and so pretty with the shells, what a gorgeous friendship gift
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is enjoying herself isn't she! Walking amongst all the pretty things you used, who wouldn't me. A lovely piece, Gerri. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Gerrie, love the use of the dew drops on the shells too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well this was like a breath of fresh air, its freeezing here so this came as a welcome change. A beautiful light and airy piece.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous gerri, can't walk on the beach here it's 30 degrees!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh gosh hun what brilliant card just love the image and those shells,are just perfect,hugs cherylxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks lovely strolling along on the beach. Such a pretty piece. I want a hat like that..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Couldn't be prettier and so fresh to see summer colours at this time of the year.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...