Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it

Today starts my visiting artist stay at Gingersnap Creations website for the month of March. This is the first time I have been asked to be a part of someone elses website so... I'm so excited , I just can't hide it. It is an honor to be asked by such a talented and inspiring group of artists. Here's what you'll see this month with Gingersnap Creations: the first week is a theme, the second a supply item, the third will be an inspirational image, the fourth a specific color and the fifth week will be random choice. Come take a peak at their site and join in on all the fun, laughter and creativity.

This week's theme is "Get to Work".  I found the quote first, " Is this official business or strictly a social  call.?", and then the image of  the lovely woman with a subtle smile on the old-fashioned telephone from the Graphics Fairy . I just knew they should go together. Some chipboard accents, german scrap, rhinestones, satin roses, tiny flouish stamp and doodled on patterned paper were all added to complete  the piece. My favorite part are the tiny pink rhinestone buttons.

Ok well that's enough of that, I have to "Get to Work" on my next Gingersnap "Creation". LOL.
Artfully yours, Gerri

"Is this official business, or strictly a social call?"

25 comments:

  1. You're right, she goes perfect with that quote. Love her Pink ear bob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Gorgeous colours and love the image. I spy a typewriter. On a recent post on my Blog I takled about my wish item - an Underwood typewriter.
    You will have a fantastic time at GSC. I was March Muse last year - they are so welcoming.
    Looking forward to more of your GSC artwork.
    Wishes
    Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is wonderful-love the composition-great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project- I love the pink too! Congrats on your Guest DT at Gingersnaps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Hope you enjoy yourself on Gingersnaps. It is such a fun group,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice - I love the buttons too; the accents are very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your guest DT, such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just a beautiful card in every way!,MC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats GF, another piece of beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on the well-deserved honor Gerri! you will be great. this card is certainly gorgeous! keep up the good work. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, you deserve it! I love your card, the image is perfect for the challenge and I love how you addec the bling to her blouse and ears.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to have you as a Visiting Artist at Gingersnap Creations. I love the soft pinks and the quirky sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adore your card! I just finished a month at GC and feel exactly the same. Enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great piece--gotta love that image!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful piece, the embellishments adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card and a great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a FAB challenge card GF! Luv the pinks and all the work that went into making this special!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The sentiment is hilarious with your picture! Love, love, love her earring and sweater buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card. I like the retro image. Regards from Polish.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun project! Love, love that vintage image you used and adore the gems you added for buttons and earrings. Great color combo and papers, and that sentiment is just perfect. Really adorable!
    visiting from the Graphics Fairy. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a wonderful and romantic piece.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful..and Congrats...on the Gingersnaps! So super exciting! Your work is beautiful Gerri! Love you Blog Header!!!!!!!11

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on being visiting artist! Your card is fab too, I love the color, image and your embellishments. It all works perfectly.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...