Monday, November 14, 2011

Pretty Autumn Leaves

Hi everyone! Today over at Gingersnap Creations I have a about stamp kissing. It's a great way to make a fabulous new stamp image by combining two of your stamps! I used this technique as the base of my Autumn leaf collage tag.

Let's start with our stamping supplies. You'll need a stamp that has very little detail as your base. I'm using the big autumn leaf. The other detail stamp will be the "Kissing" stamp and provides the texture. I used the tiny leaf stamp on the block. I will be using a variety of ink colors.


The first step is to cover you base stamp - big leaf - with ink. I did a mottled look, but you could use just one color too.Try to keep it a lighter color than what you will use for your detail stamp.


The next step is to quickly ink your detail stamp -tiny leaf - and kiss it (stamp) it onto your base stamp - big leaf. You need to do this rather quickly so the inks don't dry out.


Here is a photo of the stamped leaf image.


After cutting the stamped leaf out, I will add the embellishments. First, there are some velvet leaves touched with ink and Stickles. There's also a chipboard bird that I covered with green and red ink, then stamped my detail tiny leaf stamp. A few shiny colored flowers were layered too.


Here are the embellishments placed on the tag.


This is the finished tag with the embellishments.It needed a little something more so I layered some sparkly green leaves, a Stickles edge and a tiny rhinestone eye on the bird. A pretty orange organza ribbon allows me to hang this autumn tag.


Here's a close-up of the pretty bird.


Hope you have enjoyed this tutorial today and I hope you will be kissing, I mean stamp kissing this week!

take care, gerri

14 comments:

  1. WOW Gerri .. I am LOVING this technique. Great results .. what a lovely little piece you could use for just about anything .. so much potential. Thanks for sharing. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I love the kissing technique too, and your tag is really gorgeous, love the warm colors and the embellishment.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is gorgeous...stamp kissing is something I need to try! Thanks for the instructions! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Gerri and thanks so much for sharing.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks wonderful what a wonderful technique. You explained it so well.. Makes me want to give this stamp KISSING a try!!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Gerri this is stunning. I love it !!!!!
    What a great idea and beautiful colors and composition. Splandid Tag. I like the kissing technique also.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a simple...but ingenius technique! So clever and looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great technique, your leaf looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm...so refreshing. Pretty finishing touches based on sound design principles always make me say oo and ahhh and mmmm.
    Very nice tutorial. Now I'll have to find time to try it on for size. What a fun idea with such an elegant twist!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love a little kiss, this is so pretty such warm colours and the end result is fabulous.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous tag. I love the colors. Fall is my favorite season and this a gorgeous reflection. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, Gerri, this is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Gerri
    A wonderful tutorial and I am sure you have introduced many to the kissing technique for the first time.
    I apologise for neglecting my visits to your Blog, family issues are taking up my time at the moment.
    Lovely to see your blog is as busy as ever with wonderful art creations that never fail to impress and inspire.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...